Tuesday 11 January 2011

New Year, New Start




I have begun a health kick to undo all the over-indulgence at Christmas.

I am feeling better already actually. The snow has stopped and I am so glad. The novelty had completely worn off for me! So, it’s back to the Combat classes again, two times a week.

Combat is kind of dance routine that uses a selection of marshal arts moves. It is a great cardio workout, and it really gets your blood pumping. It’s hard work, especially when you’ve not done it for a while but my instructor told me that it burns 800 calories per hour: that inspired me to get going!

I also really like combat because there is a 10 minute stretch down at the end. I’ve tried things like yoga and pilates but have never got on with them. I get a bit bored and don’t find it much of a work-out. This class is great because I like stretching after I’ve done some cardio.

Already I am feeling more toned and svelte. Not only do I feel better physically but I’m more motivated in other areas of my life. Going to the gym is a really great way to blow those Christmas cobwebs away!

No comments:

Post a Comment