Wednesday 22 December 2010

‘Tis the season to eat, feast and be merry!


At the moment I’m having a bit of a relapse but I think it’s a deliberate choice. Sometimes I just get sick of being healthy and eating the right thing all the time.

At the moment I’m really pigging out and treating myself a lot more than once in a while. I think it’s a mixture of the wintertime blues and just feeling a bit rebellious against my usual eating plan.

The weather is really not helping the situation. Being snowed in means I can’t get to the gym to compensate for eating all this rich food.

We went out for an Indian meal for our staff Christmas party. Normally I would try and make small, healthy choices like a tomato rather than cream-based curry and rice or naan, not both. But this time I had such a spread: rice, naan, curry, loads of poppadoms, bhaji, samosa. I literally couldn’t stop myself!


The worst thing is I’m so busy preparing for Christmas that I’m getting quite good at justifying it to myself. I’m so tired at the moment that I almost feel like I deserve to eat and drink what I want.

If I’m being really honest though I’m not trying too hard to be healthier. It is Christmas after all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment