Friday 3 December 2010

Getting a new job and my life back

After losing the weight I quickly got my confidence back but the change in me to really sink in. The real turning point for me was when I landed a new job. I’d stopped working after having my kids and just never really had the confidence to look for work again.

But after losing the excess weight I felt like a different person and I was so keen to get out there in the world again. Before stopping work a hairdresser and a guy that used to work for me offered me a job as a receptionist at his salon. So now he’s my boss!

It was so good for my self-esteem and gave me a great outlet for my new-found confidence. Everyday I am meeting new people and this has helped my confidence even more.

I’m one of the oldest at the salon and everyone jokes about it calling me ‘nan’. It’s a really young, funky environment but I don’t feel out of place at all. I’m so confident with my body now that I’ve regained my love of fashion. I’m always experimenting with my hair and wearing trendy new clothes.

From where I was a few years ago, it has been a complete transformation. I show the girls at the salon pictures of me before I lost the weight and they just can’t believe it. It wasn’t just about being bigger, it was the clothes I wore, my haircut and how I held myself. I love feeling like I fit in so I can just be myself without worrying. I’m back to my old, happy self again.



No comments:

Post a Comment