Monday 31 January 2011

Catching up with old friends… but feeling brand new

I caught up with a friend called Stacy, who I haven’t seen in three years, this week. It was so nice to see her, it feels like far too long since we met up. As you can imagine, catching up on three years took quite a lot of nattering and a fair amount of wine.

It was really good fun – I had forgotten how well we get on. It was exactly like it used to be! The only thing that was different was, according to Stacy, me! She couldn’t get over how different I looked. I hope it was a good thing, seeing as she kept on mentioning it.

She said it wasn’t just the fact that I’d lost weight but the way I was acting overall. I suppose I do feel happier and more content with myself now.


I’m not sure that, before I lost the weight, I would even have had the confidence to catch up with old friends like this.

It’s not that I would worry that they’re judging me. It’s more that I wasn’t proud of my body in the same way I used to be when I was slim. I wouldn’t want them to compare me and think – she’s put on weight.

Seeing people I haven’t seen since before I lost the weight reminds me how far I’ve come. I love the surprise on their faces at the new, svelte me!

No comments:

Post a Comment