Friday 26 November 2010

Skinny doesn’t equal happy

It took a few lapses in weight (in both directions) to realize that my optimum weight is 9st. This is when I feel my healthiest and this was the size I decided to stay. I had realized that a healthy lifestyle for me was all about balance so it was just a case of maintaining this balance to stay at my optimum weight.

Summer 2009 was a really good time for me. I was 9st and knew what to do to stay there. I just ate healthily and didn’t deny my body when I wanted something. I don’t believe in ignoring your body’s needs. For me this really stopped me bingeing on my favourite foods later.

The peak of my happiness that summer, with my self and my body, was when I went to V Festival with my twin sister. Manoosh had bought me the tickets and it was really the best present she could have given me. It was great just to get away from it all and enjoy ourselves.

I never would have done something like go to a festival before. Losing weight boosted my confidence so much. At V I didn’t have any phone signal and couldn’t contact my children. At first I felt bad but my family looked after them to give me peace of mind. It was so important for me to focus on myself for once.

I’m so confident with my body now. I think it looks better than before I had kids. My whole body shape has changed from a pear to more athletic and I actually like my bum. I love this picture of me at V because I just look so happy and healthy. My hair is shiny, my skin is clear, I’m happy with my body and it shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment