Tuesday 16 November 2010

Enjoying life on holiday in Alicante

There really is no great secret to my weight loss. I eat quite healthily and go to the gym twice a week but for me it’s all about balance. I don’t believe in crash diets because I think your body has a way of telling you the things you need. 

I also can’t do without proper meals to keep my energy up. Drinking two cups of Cho Yung Tea a day really helped me maintain a healthy lifestyle and speed up my metabolism to burn calories.

I was excited to be going on holiday to Alicante with my husband and one of my best friends in the summer of 2008. I was at a really healthy weight and feeling confident. My style had definitely changed by this point. I swapped the shapeless smock tops, for skinny jeans and figure-hugging tops, which were so much more flattering.

Before I lost weight I dreaded wearing a bikini on the beach. Especially because my friend is naturally really slim and I would have felt massive stood next to her. But this time I bought a stripey triangle bikini, that my husband nicknamed my ‘Bond Girl Bikini’(which I secretly loved!).



I really hate this picture but just so you can see the change, this is me before...!


On the holiday, my friend even said she thought I was skinnier than her. But I didn’t mind either way. I was so confident in my own skin that I didn’t feel the need to compare myself. It meant we just relaxed and enjoyed the sun, sea and sand. I sneaked a couple of packs of Cho Yung Tea into my suitcase, as it’s such an easy way to detox.

I had a great time on holiday in Alicante. I was at my optimum weight for my height and body shape. The best thing was I had worked out that moderation was the way to maintain my healthiest weight. 

So I didn’t overeat but I also didn’t deny myself treats or a glass or two of wine. If you can’t enjoy life on holiday, then when can you?!

No comments:

Post a Comment