Friday 29 October 2010

Facing the gym mirrors


I’ve never been a very sporty person. I didn’t have the motivation to run on a treadmill or lift weights, so I signed myself up for a Body Combat class. With my unwashed hair pulled back, and wearing some grey, baggy (easily 10 years old) jogging bottoms and a faded Mickey Mouse t-shirt I’d found at the bottom of my drawer, I set off for the gym.

If I’d felt bad about how I looked before, it couldn’t get much worse than this. I was lined up in front of a huge full-length mirror next to lots of beautifully slim women in colour-coordinated Reebok outfits. I stuck it out though, and I did feel amazing afterwards (despite being achey for days!).

I was doing quite well with cutting back on unhealthy foods too - most of the time. I’m definitely no angel when it comes to eating and I must admit that a few chocolates and the odd slice of pizza did pass my lips! But generally, I was making better choices about what I ate.

My sister let me try some Cho Yung Tea and it worked straight away to stem my milky coffee addiction! I liked the taste (it’s not bitter like other green teas) so it made me feel that losing weight wasn’t all about doing without. It also helps to boost metabolism, and therefore burn more calories, which was a big bonus if I could get away with going to the gym less!

No comments:

Post a Comment